Friday 23 January 2009

Going out in style - with Roxie, Mr Razzle Dazzle & the Cellophane Man!

Queued this afternoon in a bitterly cold Times Square for half price Broadway tickets. Couldn't decide between Chicago, Phantom of the Opera or Mamma Mia, but in the end went for the former and was sure glad I did. Of course, with a discount, you always need to ask 50% of what, but hey I did get one of the best seats in the house at half price(balanced the books by forgoing the restaurant meal I'd promised myself)

The theatre was compact and I was seated in the middle of the stalls about ten rows back. Sitting next to me was Ray from Korea to whom I had to explain the plot which, for me, took some doing (ask Teresa about my grasp of such things) And who says Americans don't do self-deprecation or can't take the rip out of themselves? Chicago was brilliantly written, exquisitely executed and thoroughly enjoyed even by a cultural and entertainment Philistine like me.

No comments: